Disclosure: I went to LA to help cover the #Incredibles2Event, #BigCityGreensEvent, and #PixarFest with 24 other bloggers. This is an all expensed paid trip by Disney to cover this press event. All opinions are my own.
When you are invited to go on a press trip for Disney you never know exactly what will be included in your time there. You always know you will be interviewing talent from the movie that you go there to watch, just who is the question until it is closer to going. When I was younger I always watched “Coach”. If you told me back then I would someday have the opportunity to interview Craig T. Nelson from Coach I would have said, “oh, ok, yeah right”…..but it happened!! As you probably know Craig T. Nelson played Bob (Mr. Incredible) in the first Incredibles back in 2004 and happily came back for Incredibles 2.
Then back in 2007 when I was enjoying “Saving Grace” on TNT…which starred Holly Hunter, I never ever could have imagined that I would one day be in the same room with her too! I loved her character in that TV series as well as her part on The Big Sick. Holly Hunter played Helen (ElastiGirl/Mrs. Incredible) in the first Incredibles and reprised her roll in Incredibles 2.
9 Things You Might Not Know about
Craig T Nelson & Holly Hunter when it comes to Incredibles
- Craig T. Nelson felt the first Incredibles went great so he was thinking there would be a sequel right around the corner. The longer it took the more he felt that possibly they wouldn’t want him to be Bob again due to getting older, and instead find a new Bob.
- Holly Hunter thought by the 10 year anniversary of the movie (and no sequel) that there was a good chance that Bob and Helen would be dead instead of coming back.
- Another fear of Craig’s was that his voice would sound too old compared to what he sounded like 14 years ago. Also since he plays a role on “Parenthood” he wasn’t sure if he could get his “Bob voice” back.
- Holly Hunter doesn’t speak in public if she doesn’t want to be recognized due to her voice being so recognizable. She said that 1 syllable and it is a dead giveaway.
- They each enjoyed that Incredibles 2 gave them each a chance to experience their characters in different ways than the first movie. (I can’t give out more because of no spoilers).
- Craig also mentioned that the world has changed so much when it comes to so many things. For example, when he went to school he was classically taught/education wise. And it worked. Now kids are being taught differently in school, kids are also always on their phones (as he witnesses with his grandkids and great-grandkids)… it is just disturbing to him. His biggest frustration is, “We’re not talking to each other. You know, can I see your eyes? “.
- Holly and Craig both love how the Incredibles family engages with one another as a family.
- One of Craig’s great grandson’s room is all decked out in Incredibles, which he finds kinda cool. It is like you open the door and it is Pixar everywhere.
- Craig and Holly never met until 9 months ago. Which probably sounds so odd since this is the 2nd movie they have voiced together. But that is the difference between voicing cartoon characters vs being a real person in a movie.
Be sure to watch for the newest addition to the rides that are going to be Incredible! The Incredicoaster will open on June 23rd
#Incredibles2Event, #BigCityGreensEvent, #PixarFest & #Disneyland
Incredibles 2 comes to a theatre near you on June 15, 2018
You can also read about my time at PixarFest at Disneyland here.
In INCREDIBLES 2, Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is called on to lead a campaign to bring Supers back, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell), Dash (voice of Huck Milner) and baby Jack-Jack—whose superpowers are about to be discovered. Their mission is derailed, however, when a new villain emerges with a brilliant and dangerous plot that threatens everything. But the Parrs don’t shy away from a challenge, especially with Frozone (voice of Samuel L. Jackson) by their side.
That’s what makes this family so Incredible.
Like INCREDIBLES 2 on Facebook
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Twitter
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Instagram
Visit the official INCREDIBLES 2 website here